The 5th annual Nation Builder In Good Company conference is taking place in 15 August 2019.
This year Nation Builder is inviting the business community to nominate speakers who are currently setting an example of how to run a successful business that positively impacts our society in the process. The conference theme for this year is The Art of Business.
Being an impactful business encompasses every single aspect of business – from purpose to products, people and profits. Business can find creative solutions to complex problems.
“Business has the power to reframe our nation’s picture. In mastering the art of business, we believe leaders need a deep sense of awareness and understanding of how their business is uniquely positioned to make a difference in the lives of its staff, its various stakeholders, broader society, and the nation,” said Keri-Leigh Paschal, Executive Director of Nation Builder. “Business is a powerful medium that can bring about the change we want to see – a prosperous and growing South Africa for all,” she added.
Nation Builder is inviting business leaders in the private/corporate sectors who are leading in the art of successful and impactful businesses practices to submit speaking proposal papers to the Nation Builder office. They may also nominate other business leaders who they believe to be mastering the ‘art’ of business. Submit proposals or nominate businesses by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Speaking proposal papers are to be a concise, original thought pieces that can be used to shape the conversation at the conference. All submissions are due by Tuesday, April 30 to allow time to review, edit, and finalise the papers, as well as plan content for the In Good Company conference.
- Proposals must be between 750 – 2,000 words
- Proposals must be centred around one of the following
- What is true corporate citizenship?
- Business as a role-player in upholding the 4 pillars of democracy (equity, freedom, representation and justice)
- Business, government and NPOs creating social change together
- More than money: social impact achieved through non-financial investments
All submitted papers will be reviewed and speakers for the conference will be selected from these nominations. All appropriate proposals will also be collated into a booklet, which will be made available to all the delegates at the In Good Company conference.
Tickets for In Good Company 2019 can be booked via Quicket:
- When A Brand Stands Up For Racial Justice, Do People Buy It? - August 3, 2020
- CSRNEWSSA Radio – Christmas In July Edition 2020 - July 8, 2020