The Tisco Foundation is currently inviting applications for its Undergraduate Bursary programme to identify deserving previously disadvantaged candidates who have demonstrated talent and determination in their previous academic lives.
The Foundation nurtures and empowers participants to achieve their academic potential,and go on to a meaningful career that will have a lasting impact on their careers, communities and the country. Scholarships are awarded to under privileged youth from marginalized communities who meet the selection criteria that include; good to excellent matric results or academic performance (if already registered at University), a dedication to their studies and a willingness to meaningfully participate in upliftment programmes existing in the communities from which they emanate. Objectives
- To promote equity in the workplace by supporting strong black students to acquire the necessary academic qualifications;
- To help address the skills shortage in the economy;
- To address challenges of poverty through the avenue of human capital development.
- Applicants must be between the ages of 18 and 34;
- Students must be South African citizens;
- Applicants must be from the previously disadvantaged groups as outlined by the South African government (Black, Colored or Indian);
- Applicants must be in possession of excellent matric results with a minimum average of 70%.
- Applicants must produce excellent results if already registered as a full time student a minimum of 65% average;
- Applicants must be financially needy and unemployed;
- Applicants must portray and excellent positive attitude;
- Applicants must be dedicated to their studies;
- Applicants must provide references;
- Applicants must be willing to give back to the community.
How to ApplyApplicants can apply online via given website. For more information please visit Undergraduate Bursary Programme.