Renowned provider of high quality comprehensive healthcare and welfare services.
Serving one of SA’s largest primary healthcare organisations (Serving a population of over 1.3 million residents; up to 100k patient visits per year from Diepsloot and surrounds). Also provide psychosocial care and support to over 550 orphans and vulnerable children.
Well-developed resiliency skills, with the capacity to recover quickly from difficulty and a high level of self-awareness, ability to work under in a highly pressurized environment, with great organisation skills, flexibility and diplomacy.
Work with Doctors, Nurses, Pharmacy Assistants Patients and the Health Care Personal.
1 month contract with potential to go permanent
Reports to: Executive Director and CFO.
Primary purpose: Carry out administrative work on behalf of executive managers. Free the executives’ time from organising and administrative tasks so that they can spend maximum time on strategic tasks.
Job description / core competencies:
- Acting as a first point of contact: dealing with correspondence, visitors and phone calls.
- Managing diaries.
- Reminding the executives of important tasks and deadlines.
- Organising meetings and appointments.
- Controlling access to the executives.
- Conducting research as requested.
Administration and Reporting:
- Typing, compiling and preparing reports, minutes, presentations and correspondence.
- Managing databases and filing systems.
- Implementing and maintaining procedures/administrative systems.
- Collating and filing expenses.
- Proofread updated policies and standard operating procedures (SOP’s) before they are tabled for senior management approval.
- Update policies and procedures as guided by the ED and distribute to all staff.
- Liaise with company auditors and lawyers to update statutory company records.
Logistics and Events:
- Booking and arranging travel, transport and accommodation.
- Organising events and conferences.
- Organising clinic visits / tours by various stakeholders.
- Liaison and Communication
- Liaising with staff, donors, suppliers and clients.
- Deal with client complaints escalated to the ED’s office, managing the process until each complaint is successfully resolved.
Location (country, city): Witkoppen, Johannesburg
Job Qualification & Experience:
- A minimum of two years’ experience in a similar role.
- Experience in a primary health care environment will be advantageous.
- Experience with MS Office at an advanced level.
- Excellent command of both spoken and written English.
- Adaptable to working within a diverse operation.
- Strong problem solving and organisational skills.
- Ability to prioritise responsibilities and processes
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills at all levels, both internally and externally.
- A diploma in business studies, office management or communication.
- A degree in business studies, communication or related subjects would be advantageous.
- Attention to detail
- Discretion and trustworthiness: You will often be party of confidential information.
- Flexibility and adaptability.
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Organisational skills and the ability to multitask
- The ability to be proactive and take the initiative
- Tact and diplomacy
- Communication skills
- Adhering to principles & values
- Planning and organising
- Deadline driven
- Coping with pressures and setbacks
- Delivering results and meeting customer expectations
Technical – Analytical Skills:
- Ability to reconcile information from various sources
- Collect and record data
- Attention to detail
- Apply the skills of customer care in a specific work environment
- Demonstrate an awareness of customer service
- Computer Literacy, especially advanced MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Generate information and reports for internal and external use
- Apply the organisation’s code of conduct in a work environment
- Apply the principles of corporate governance and ethics in a function
- Apply basic business principles
- Apply problem-solving techniques to make a decision or solve a problem
- Demonstrate knowledge of the importance of data accuracy and integrity
- Demonstrate knowledge of document management and administration
A South African non-profit organization providing high quality and high impact comprehensive primary healthcare and social welfare services to mostly impoverished residents of informal settlements for over 72 years. Established by three public-spirited nurses in response to the lack of healthcare and welfare facilities in the area, and has since transformed over the years to become a renowned provider of high quality comprehensive healthcare and welfare services.
Currently serve a population of over 1.3 million residents. Essential services rendered include but are not limited to HIV and TB screening, counseling, testing, care and treatment, screening and management of chronic medical conditions, mental health, preventative and curative maternal and child health. Also provide psychosocial care and support to over 550 orphans and vulnerable children.
In addition to the main facility there are 3 satellite facilities in the informal settlements.
Call this number and speak to HR:
Tel +27 11 705 2438
Picture Courtesy of Freepik