ABOUT THE COMPANY – EXXARO
Exxaro Resources Limited is a big South African heavy minerals and coal mining company, with offices and operating facilities across Africa, Europe, Australia and Asia. The JSE listed company was previously part of Kumba Resources, and was previously known as Kumba Resources Limited before the name change in 2006 due to unbundling of the companies iron ore assets.
Exxaro Resources Limited is headquartered in Pretoria West, South Africa and is one of the top South African-based diversified, black-empowered companies. The companies mine targets include: zero effluent, zero waste emissions, sustainable engineering and wash-to-zero.
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
The Exxaro bursary is intended for school student or students who have just matriculated and intend on studying full-time in the upcoming year.
Bursaries are available to students in the following fields of study:
- BSc Chemical Engineering
- BSc Civil Engineering
- BSc Electrical Engineering
- BSc Industrial Engineering
- BSc Mechanical Engineering
- BSc Metallurgy Engineering
- BSc Mining Engineering
- B Tech Mining Technician
- B Tech MRM Mining Surveying
- Hons Geology
MORE ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – COVERAGE VALUE & SERVICE CONTRACT
The following costs will be covered by the bursary: registration, tuition, prescribed textbooks, accommodation, food and a cash allowance for extra study expenses.
On completion of their studies, bursary applicants are required to work at Exxaro for the equal duration of the bursary awarded. Students will be provided with mentoring, admin support, practical work and their performance will be tracked to ensure that the student performs to their best ability.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- Completed Matric OR currently in Matric
- Studying or planning to study full-time towards one of the aforementioned qualifications
- Studying or planning to study at a recognised South African University
- Obtained a minimum level 5 for English FL or SL in Grade 11/ 12
- Obtained a minimum level 6 for Mathematics and Physical Science in Grade 11/ 12
- B Tech students must have obtained a minimum level 5 for Mathematics, English and Science
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
The latest application form are available here:
http://www.exxaro.com/workplace/bursaries-skills-development (between February and March annually).
Alternatively, please contact a Exxaro Community Development Practitioner via the details below.
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy of)
- Matric latest results AND Grade 11 results, if currently in Matric
- Matric certificate, if completed Matric (certified copy of)
- Latest tertiary, if currently at tertiary level (certified copy of)
31 March annually.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact Exxaro directly:
Exxaro Community Development Practitioners:
North East areas of Witbank (Contact Person: Amukelani Maluleke- Tel: 013 652 8551/ Email: BursaryInyanda@exxaro.com)
Middelburg (Contact Person: Adelaide Nkabinde- Tel: 013 297 8635/ Email: BursaryARN@exxaro.com)
Kriel (Contact Person: Pepsy Dlamini- Tel: 017 616 2649/ Email: BursaryMatla@exxaro.com)
Delmas (Contact Person: Kgopolo Noka- Tel: 013 665 9020/ Email: BursaryLeeuwpan@exxaro.com)
Upper Limpopo, Thohoyandou (Contact Person: Reginald Kone- Tel: 015 966 5078/ Email: BursaryTshikondeni@exxaro.com)
Belfast (Contact Person: Mzimkhulu Koyo- Tel: 013 253 7386/ Email: BursaryNBC@exxaro.com)
Lephalale to Polokwane (Contact Person: Malapile Chokoe- Tel: 014 763 2502/ Email: BursaryGLK@exxaro.com)
Pretoria/Gauteng or other areas (Contact Person: Prudence Rampa- Tel: 012 307 4276/ Email: BursaryPretoria@exxaro.com)
- 21 Days of Lockdown – The Old Mutual Covid-19 – 9th Day Response Activation - April 4, 2020
- Emergency Fund To Help NPOs During COVID-19 crisis - April 1, 2020
- SACAP Sets Students And Educators Up ForContinued Education - March 31, 2020